Rubriques

Monday, April 24, 2017

Primark Ultimate Brush Set review



Hey guys!


Today I wanted to talk about something I recently purchased from Primark. It is a makeup brush set, which is clearly mermaid/unicorn inspired (which is probably why I bought it, oopsie). I thought this could be a nice "starter pack" for beginners or people who want to expend their brush collection. 


Primark Ultimate Brush Set, 9€

This is what the set looks like. I contains 5 brushes, 3 face brushes and 2 eye brushes. As you can see,  the brush handles are twisted, kind of like a shell or a unicorn horn, which is honestly what I really was drawn to. These brushes reminded me a little of the Tarte unicorn magic wands, in a cheaper version of course. 



On the back of the box is a little chart which tells you what you could use the brushes for. I think this can be really helpful, although I like to use makeup brushes the way I like them best, which is not always what they are "made" for. The set also includes a little silver makeup bag, which could hold all the brushes.

The first brush of the set is a flat foundation brush. I quite like it, I does a good job, but I still prefer my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. 

 The second brush is this powder brush. This is the only brush that I didn't really like from this set. I tried it with mattefying and setting powders, and I felt like it didn't pick up any product. I have yet to try it with one of my very pigmented blushes, maybe it will work with that.

Next is this fan brush. I don't really have much to say about it, except that I love it. I use it for highlighter or to dust off any fall out.


And last but not least, the eye makeup brushes. The top one is a small blending brush, and the bottom one is a flat eyeshadow brush. I both like them a lot, and I will get a lot of use out of them. The only thing I don't like about them is the fact that the handles are very thin, and I am quite scared that they are going to brake if I carry them around or if travel with them.

Overall I am very happy with this purchase. I think that for the price this is a very good set, especially if you are just starting your collection. I also didn't experience any shedding, which is always a plus.

What are your favorite makeup brushes?

Talk to you soon,
Lyly.

No comments:

Post a Comment